Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Poole Visit

I went down to Poole w/e of 15th February for my nephew Richard's wedding to the lovely Barbara. I have posted wedding pics on my facebook site. On the way down I saw Buzzards and visited the New Forest - Beaulieu Road Station and Keyhaven Harbour and Marsh plus a visit to Blackwater Arboretum. New birds for the year.... I was pleased to see Crossbills, Dartford Warbler, Stonechat and Woodlarks plus Hawfinch and Bullfinch at BA. On Sunday I saw Sandling in the Poole Harbour - then managed to catch up with Great Grey Shrike at Six Penny Handley along with a SEO! On the way back I saw a couple of Red Kites - one on the M3 near the Winchester turn off and one later just as the M3 joins the M25 (I as on the M3). What an amazing w/e .....the weather was sunny and dry! The Wedding was really enjoyable and it was good to catch up with my relatives and the Foster Family! Plus good friends of Kathy and Nigel (known as Nick). On Monday after a long walk in Richmond Park with my friends Belgium Shepherd dog Enzo - I went to Manchester. We went to watch Man Utd v Reading in the FA Cup. Pics on Facebook. (takes so long to post pics on here I might put up one or two later! We stayed at Old Trafford Lodge with a balcony overlooking Old Trafford Cricket Ground. On route for the Theatre of Dreams we found a Hotel that had a steak house and we had a nice 3 course meal with wine- bit different as we weren't sure we would get there in time to have anything but a bag of chips! ;) lol The atmosphere at OT is something special - I like live Football matches. Well they could have been 4-0 up by ht but chances ent begging and individuals played in fits and starts. However that really changed in the 2nd half hen Robin came on! He seemed to inspire the others and their confidence grew - and at 2-0 I think we thought MU would score more but Reading staged a comeback but MU gave away a sloppy goal and the last part of the game they were under pressure! Still a win is a win!

No comments: